Last updated 1 year ago
The Super Dentists - The Only Incognito Premier Provider in San Diego
The Super Dentists – your number one choice for a San Diego orthodontist is proud of the fact that we are the only Premier Provider for Incognito hidden lingual orthodontic braces in San Diego.
As the only San Diego county orthodontist that has been awarded with this distinction based on achieving an extraordinary level of case experience and competence Dr. Kami Hoss of The Super Dentists are among the very few elite orthodontists in the United States to offer these revolutionary low-profile braces to patients.
Incognito braces are the only invisible braces on the market, which are custom-made to your teeth and to your individual orthodontic situation. These braces offer you a completely different way to wear braces using state of the art technology from the makers of 3M.
What Exactly Are Incognito Braces?
Incognito braces are customized lingual braces, which are made one patient at a time, one tooth at a time. They are completely invisible when you smile, comfortable to wear and are appropriate for both teens and adults. Incognito braces are placed on the backside of the teeth so that they are completely hidden from view. This means that no one has to know that you are having your teeth straightened unless you tell them.
What Benefits Do Incognito Braces Offer?
- Incognito braces are completely esthetic – no one has to know that you are wearing braces
- There is very little discomfort and speech interference associated with these braces.
- Some types of braces cannot help some patients but that is not the case with Incognito as these braces are appropriate for most all patients.
- Incognito are 100% customized for optimal results.
- The wires used are customized and do not require frequent adjustments meaning fewer appointments and less discomfort throughout treatment.
- Nothing is placed on the front of your teeth so there are no decalcification marks to concern yourself with.
- 3M builds your unique prescription (determined by your orthodontist) into your braces so that your teeth move in the most efficient manner possible.
Why Choose Us As The San Diego Orthodontist Who Fits You With Incognito?
When you have decided to make us your Incognito braces provider, you will be taken care of by our very well established and dedicated orthodontists and team of professionals. We have been enhancing smile for more than 15 years in San Diego and helped thousands of patients achieve the smile of their dreams, in fact check out some of the before and after photos here. The Super Dentists team truly cares about each patient by taking the time to explain your treatment and tell you what exciting things to look forward.
Dr. Hoss (“Dr. HaveOneSuperSmile”) received his undergraduate degree from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) and in 1993 was awarded his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from UCLA as well. He completed his post-doctoral residency training at the University of Southern California (USC) where he received a dual degree in Advanced Orthodontics and Cranio-facial Biology.
With office locations in Chula Vista, Eastlake and Oceanside, CA you and your children are sure to enjoy our office environment as it is like no other San Diego county orthodontist office. We have a colorful and very inviting reception room with a dress up area, X-Box/PS3 stations; free Wi-Fi and a Starbucks Café for adults.
In addition to providing outstanding, caring orthodontic care, The Super Dentists also are very much involved in the community. Whether it's sponsoring a children's sports team or volunteering at a local event, we are invested in our community in many fantastic ways!
Last updated 1 year ago
Our Pediatric Dental Practice accepts most insurance including TRICARE, Healthy Families, Medical and MORE!
Read more by clicking here to view the huge list of insurances we accept!
Or give us a call at (760) or (619) DENTIST (336-8478) and we’ll be happy to verify your insurance for you!
Last updated 1 year ago
7 steps for optimal oral hygiene recommended by the American Dental Hygiene Association and the pediatric team at The Super Dentists:
- Thoroughly clean your infant's gums after each feeding with a water-soaked infant cloth. This stimulates the gum tissue and removes food.
- Brush your baby's erupted teeth gently with a small, soft-bristled toothbrush using a pea-sized amount of fluoridated toothpaste.
- Teach your children at age 2-3 about proper brushing and gentle flossing until their 7 or 8 years old.
- Schedule regular visits with their pediatric dentist to check for cavities in the primary teeth and for possible developmental problems.
- Encourage your child to discuss any fears they may have about visits to the pediatric dentist. The Super Dentists strive to put your children at ease and help them relax.
- Determine if the water supply that serves your home is fluoridated. If not, discuss supplement options with your kids' dentist or hygienist.
- Ask our pediatric professionals about sealant applications to protect your child's chewing surfaces and about bottle tooth decay, which occurs when teeth are frequently exposed to sugared liquids.
Last updated 1 year ago
If your child has not seen an orthodontist yet, you might want to schedule an appointment. Receiving orthodontic care early in life rather than later can be very advantageous for the proper development of your child's teeth as well as for his or her future oral health. Dr. Kami Hoss of The Super Dentists specializes in early orthodontic care and treatment for children and teens. With locations in San Diego County, in Chula Vista, Eastlake and Oceanside, California The Super Dentists use the latest to orthodontic technology and braces to treat the needs of your child.
The American Association of Orthodontist (AAO) recommends that children receive orthodontic checkups by age seven. By the time a child reaches seven years of age, an orthodontist can spot problems with jaw growth and emerging teeth while some of the baby teeth are still present. This is essential because many orthodontic problems are easier to correct when found early.
Treatment may not be necessary at age seven. However, the initial examination will help your child's orthodontist to anticipate the best time to begin treatment if it is deemed necessary. By the time your child reaches age seven, his or her first adult molars have erupted – establishing the back bite. This is when your orthodontist can fully evaluate your child's bite. Advantages of early orthodontic care include:
- Creating room for crowded and erupting teeth
- Creating facial balance
- Reducing the risk of trauma to front teeth which protrude Making room for unerupted teeth
- Reducing the need to remove teeth
- Reducing treatment time with braces
- Reducing the need for jaw surgery
According to the AAO, the following are a few early warning signs to look for which may indicate that your child needs orthodontic treatment:
- Early loss of baby teeth
- Late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty chewing
- Breathing through the mouth
- Sucking on fingers
- Crowded, misplaced or blocked-out teeth
- Difficulty speaking
- Shifting jaws
- Jaws that protrude, are recessed or that make popping sounds
- Biting of the cheek
- Teeth that protrude
- Teeth that do not meet correctly or at all
- Facial imbalance
- Clinching or grinding of teeth
If you notice any of these characteristics or behaviors in your child you should schedule an orthodontic appointment.
Not everyone is born with perfect, straight teeth. Having crooked teeth or spaces between teeth can be embarrassing and can be the source of self-consciousness. Teeth that are not aligned properly can lead to a variety of sometimes-painful dental disorders. However, Dr. Kami Hoss specializes in correcting not just common orthodontics problems but also in treating more severe orthodontic issues caused by such conditions as Craniosynostosis, to help your child achieve a healthy, beautiful smile. In the end, orthodontic treatment will do much more for your child than simply create a beautiful smile – it will create a much healthier smile that will endure for a lifetime.
The Super Dentists offer the latest in braces, Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, Incognito Hidden Braces, and smaller more effective traditional brackets. Dr. Hoss considers not just your child’s teeth, but also the symmetry of their face to make sure your child gets the treatment they need. With locations through out San Diego County we’re conveniently located near you, give us a call today to find out more!
Office Contact Information:
North San Diego County: (760) Dentist (336-8478)
South San Diego County: (619) Dentist (336-8478)